by: Joy Johnston, Cox Media Group National Content Desk Updated:
GUNNISON, Colo. - Colorado is known for its ever-changing weather patterns and heavy winter snowfalls, but snow in August??
The roads near the top of Monarch Pass were covered Thursday with a light coating of snow and freezing hail mixed with rain, in what driver and local resident Brad Shilling called "slush-snow-rain," KUSA reported.
Shilling told KUSA that he wasn't too surprised by seeing snow in August, as the Monarch Pass area has its own unique weather system.
- Just how bad is the Puget Sound air? This map will tell you
- Mom who killed home invader: 'It was either him or me and I wasn't going'
- Body of vacationer found buried on beach with only arm visible through sand
- PHOTOS: Blue Angels fly over Seattle, 8/3
- VIDEO: 'Tweakerville cam' goes live in Everett
© 2017 Cox Media Group.