A woman said she was stopped by airport security because no one believed she was as old as her ID said she was.
Ukrainian singer Natalia Dzenkiv, 41, was asked to present her ID at a Turkish airport, but her youthful looks led airport security to believe that she had presented a false ID. Security pulled her into a room and questioned her.
Scroll down to continue reading
- Local doctors address illness linked to chronic marijuana use
- Teen accused of shooting 4 classmates near Spokane faces more charges
- Macklemore and wife Tricia announce baby #2 on the way
- Dogs die after visiting North Tacoma park
- State AG announces lawsuit against maker of OxyContin
“When I found out the reason for my arrest, I even started laughing, as it was the age in my passport,” she said, according to Lad Bible. “I am already used to compliments about the way I look, but I couldn’t have imagined that it might be a reason for detaining me.”
After a few fans of Dzenkiv’s band, Lama, recognized her in the airport and asked for an autograph, security to let her through.
Lama won the award for Best Ukrainian Act MTV’s Europe Music Awards in 2007.
© 2017 Cox Media Group.