Las Vegas authorities have named Stephen Paddock of Mesquite, Nevada, as the man who shot and killed at least 50 people at an outdoor concert at the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas Sunday night.
The shooting took place at 10:08 p.m. as a concert by country singer Jason Alden was ending. Authorities say they have confirmed at least 50 people were killed and more than 200 injured at the event which was on the last day of the three-day Route 91 Harvest Festival - a country music event.
Here’s what we know about Paddock so far. Check back here for more updates:
- He was 64.
- He was in a room on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel.
- He was taken down at the scene.
- According to Las Vegas Sheriff Joseph Lombardo, law enforcement "located numerous firearms" in Paddock's hotel room. Lombardo described the weapons as “rifles.”
- Police believe they have located a person of interest, named as Marilou Danley, who they say is connected to Paddock.
- Lombardo also confirmed two vehicles that were being searched for have been located.
- It is believed to be the deadliest shooting in US history, with the death toll surpassing the 49 killed at a nightclub in Orlando in June 2016.
- Las Vegas shooting: More than 50 dead, 200 injured
- PHOTOS: Response to Las Vegas mass shooting
- Las Vegas shooting: Jason Aldean, other celebrities share prayers on social media
Updates from social media are being posted below. (If you are using the KIRO 7 news app, use this link to see the updates.)
© 2017 Cox Media Group.