• Suspect in grandparents' slayings captured in Oregon


    LINCOLN CITY, Ore. - Michael "Chadd" Boysen, a man described as an extreme danger to the public and a suspect in the slaying of his grandparents, was captured by Oregon authorities after hours of negotiations.

    The King County Sheriff’s Office said Boysen was holed up in a motel room in Lincoln City, Ore. when he was surrounded by police.

    Lt. Jerry Palmer with the Lincoln City Police Department said Boysen, 26,  was at the WestShore OceanFront Motel at 3127 SW Anchor Ave.

    Police said they received a tip from the night clerk at the motel who thought she recognized Boysen from news reports when he checked in Monday night.

    When she checked the motel roster, she saw Boysen’s name and called police at 7:30 a.m. Tuesday.

    Police arrived, evacuated the motel, surrounded it, and began negotiations with Boysen.

    Lincoln City Police Chief Keith Kilian said when officers yelled into the room, Boysen said, ‘Go away!’

    SWAT officers remained at the scene as negotiations continued throughout the day. Two King County detectives also arrived to negotiate with Boysen.

    A state police negotiator used a bullhorn to urge him to surrender and officers later fired blasts from a water cannon to try to get some kind of response.

    Police breached the motel room after nearly 12 hours of negotiations and found Boysen lying on the floor with visible injuries. They determined the injuries were self-inflicted cut or stab wounds.

    Boysen was transported to the hospital for treatment.

    Boysen’s grandparents were killed at their home on the same day he was released from prison.  Police said there had been a welcome home party for Boysen at his grandparents' Renton home that night.

    The King County Medical Examiner identified the couple as Robert Taylor, 82 and Norma Taylor, 80.

    Their bodies were found by their daughter on Saturday.  Police have not said how they died.

     Police described Boysen, who has been jailed six times, as an extreme danger to both law enforcement and the public.

     Investigators said there was evidence Boysen was trying to stockpile weapons and that he threatened to go on a killing spree.

     Those who know Boysen said he was addicted to prescription drugs and went to prison for stealing from his family and local pharmacies.

    A multistate manhunt began after police were unable to locate Boysen for questioning.

    Next Up: