SPANAWAY, Wash. - A man who was critically hurt in a fire in a single-wide mobile home in Spanaway Tuesday morning has died at the hospital.
Crews were called to the 7500 block of 192nd Street East after a driver spotted the fire at about 7:30 a.m. and called 911, according to Graham Fire & Rescue.
Responding firefighters searched the home and found a senior-aged man on the floor. He was transported to the hospital in critical condition, where he later died from his injuries.
Neighbors told firefighters they thought there were more people in the home, but no one else was found.
Fire investigators say the man had space heaters throughout the home and the fire was caused by faulty electrical cords.
- Railroad investigator says its wrong to point a finger at train engineer
- Passport to fly domestically? What Washington residents need to know
- 9 inspiring New Year's resolution quotes to motivate you into 2018
- Twitter has field day with Steve Harvey's New Year's Eve outfit
- FAQs: Frontier Cable chooses to sever its business relationship with KIRO 7
© 2018 Cox Media Group.