SOUTH HILL, Wash. - The Pierce County Sheriff’s Department says a man who burglarized a veterinary clinic ate cat food and brushed himself while inside a back storage area.
The break-in happened at about 1 a.m. on Jul. 13 at the Firgrove Veterinary Clinic in the 14800 block of Meridian Avenue East in South Hill. Once inside, the man was filmed by surveillance cameras.
Police say the man jumped over a gate at the clinic and entered a back storage area, where he spent about 5 minutes eating cat food, rummaging through laundry and brushing himself.
The sheriff’s department noted on their Facebook page that the man may be homeless and have mental issues.
No doubt this video is bizarre and some might even find it entertaining - but it also speaks volumes about the current state of crime in Pierce County that is fueled by a combination of drug addiction, mental health, and transient/homeless activity.
Police ask anyone who recognizes the man to call or send them a private message on Facebook.
- Prowler protection: Your car isn't as safe as you thought
- Washington distracted driving law in effect: Answers to common questions
- Seattle LGBTQ commission wants mayor's resignation; others say that's not in city's best interest
- PHOTOS: Hot air balloon forced to land in highway median
- VIDEO: Bush’s Recalls Beans Over Defective Cans
© 2017 Cox Media Group.