MILTON, Wash. - The Washington State Patrol is asking for the public’s help in the case of a bicyclist who was killed in a hit-and-run crash in Milton Wednesday.
The crash happened on southbound Enchanted Parkway, or SR 161, just north of Military Road South.
Investigators said the body of a man in his late 20s was found by a tow truck driver at about 2 a.m. after the driver ran over the victim’s bike, which was in the first southbound lane.
That driver turned around to investigate and then discovered the victim’s body in the second lane.
Detectives believe that the bicyclist may have been separated from his bike before he was run over.
Detectives confirmed that the tow truck was not the vehicle that hit the rider.
WSP detectives are seeking any information about the crash, including any vehicles that may have been seen in the area around the time of the crash. Police say it is likely that the vehicle that hit the victim will not have any visible damage.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detecive Vik Mauro at 425-401-7746 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More news from KIRO 7
- Documents: Student in school shooting plot: 'I need to get the biggest fatality number'
- Florida school shooting suspect charged with 17 counts of premeditated murder
- How to find your King County property taxes in three quick steps
- State Senate votes to repeal death penalty in Washington state
- Florida school shooting: Football coach shot, killed while protecting students hailed as hero
© 2018 Cox Media Group.