by: KIRO 7 News Staff Updated:
BONNEY LAKE, Wash. - Two cars were burning and five people were injured, two seriously, when East Pierce Fire and Rescue arrived Saturday at the scene of a wreck in Bonney Lake, East Pierce firefighters said.
Video from Ashley Ulrich shows one of the cars involved in flames:
Medic units from Orting, Puyallup and Central Pierce Fire & Rescue responded to the scene.
Bonney Lake police closed eastbound State Route 410 at Myers Road, while the injured patients were assisted:
**ALERT**— BonneyLakePolice PIO (@BLPoliceDept) July 15, 2017
ROAD CLOSURE - E/B SR 410 at Myers Road. Officers are working minor injury vehicle fire. Will advise when it is re-opened. pic.twitter.com/TFxGheyOtR
Police had reopened the road as of 1:56 p.m., but advised drivers to use caution.
Just re-opened the highway for all lanes. Still a lot of traffic in area, continue use caution.— BonneyLakePolice PIO (@BLPoliceDept) July 15, 2017
Stay with KIRO 7 for updates and see more on KIRO 7 News at 5:00 p.m.
- If geomagnetic storm strong enough, Aurora Borealis may show over northwest
- Man, woman arrested for child abuse after using soap in mouth as discipline, police say
- Fox Business host calls Seattle 'socialist hellhole' in wake of newly passed income tax
- PHOTOS: 15 Marines, 1 Navy sailor remembered after plane crash
- VIDEO: Jury awards family of man killed by police
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
5 injured in fiery Bonney Lake collision
Assault charges recommended for Shelton officers in beating of homeless man
Firefighters work for hours to stop ammonia leak in Sumner
New metered I-5 onramps activated between Fife and Tacoma
Man moves to care facility, dies on mattress in lobby 36 hours later