• Rainier Valley house fire caused by unattended candles


    SEATTLE - Unattended candles are to blame for a house fire in the Rainier Valley, said officials with the Seattle Fire Department.

    The fire happened at a home in the 3900 block of South Angel Place around 2:30 p.m.

    When crews arrived at the location, they found smoke and flames coming from a bedroom of the home.

    The occupants evacuated safely out of the house and there were no injuries.

    Firefighters extinguished the flames.

    Investigators determined that unattended candles were the cause of the fire.

    Officials estimated the damage loss at $30,000 to the structure and $15,000 to the contents.

    The Red Cross is assisting a woman and a child. 

    Next Up: