• Police: Suspects tried to kill for 'pleasure and greed'

    By: Linzi Sheldon


    Kirkland, Wash. - KIRO 7 has uncovered new documents revealing how a teenage victim escaped torture in his own home. He was attacked as his parents slept in their Kirkland home the morning of Oct. 12. New court documents state Blessing Gainey and Vincent Sisounong broke into the home of 18-year-old Deep Rawat with the "intent to kill" for "pleasure and greed."

    Rawat managed to escape and ran to the home of a neighbor, Miles Calvert, for help. Calvert called 911. KIRO 7 showed Calvert the documents. "They wanted him to fight for his life-- that's disgusting," he said. "That's disgusting."

    According to police records, Sisounong lived just up the street from his victim. KIRO 7 visited his home and showed the documents to Sisounong's mother, Phayvanh Sisounong. "In these court papers-- they say he held a man's hands behind his back and told another man to cut his leg off," KIRO 7 told her. "No, I don't believe that," she said.

    Police say Sisounong and Gainey attacked Rawat in his bedroom, grabbing him at knife point. They say they took him to the basement, where Sisounong instructed Gainey to hack at Rawat's leg down to the bone, and then stabbed Rawat himself. Court documents say he told detectives that he wanted the victim to "fight for his life," and when asked if the experience was enjoyable, he said, "Yeah."

    Police say Rawat managed to break free, and during the struggle, the car alarm to a vehicle in the garage went off. Documents say Gainey ran away and Rawat ran to a bathroom, where Sisounong attacked him with a knife before Rawat punched his attacker in the face and then escaped. Police say the men stole keys, personal electronics, and money before leaving.

    Sisounong's brother, Don Sayaseuth, says he has a temper and has threatened him with violence. "You believe it's possible your brother tried to kill somebody?" KIRO 7 asked him. "Yeah," he replied.

    Rawat spent several days in the hospital and required surgery. Neighbors say the family moved out days after the attack. Gainey and Sisounong are in King County Jail on $500,000 and $1 million bail. They are expected back in court on Nov. 12.

    Next Up: