• Police investigate double homicide in Tacoma


    TACOMA, Wash. - Tacoma police are investigating a double homicide after two people were found dead in a home late Friday night.

    According to police, officers responded to a request for a welfare check at a house in the 1200 block of South 19th Street before midnight.

    When the officers arrived they found two bodies.

    Police said a suspect is in custody.

    The Pierce County prosecutor, Mark Lindquist, said Aaron Livingston was just released from jail Friday night, hours before he allegedly killed two people.

    Livingston was booked into jail late Thursday, under suspicion of assault and malicious mischief. Friends said he attacked a co-worker who Livingston believed was romantically involved with Livingston’s girlfriend.

    They said the same man was one of the two people killed just 24 hours later.

    Lindquist said Thursday’s police report suggested the assault victim suffered repeated punches to the face and was hit with an iron chair. He said the victim was covered in blood, had a cut to the forehead, a swollen left eye, and a bloody nose.

    Still, Lindquist said that type of assault does not rise to the level of a felony, so the prosecutor’s office referred the case to Tacoma Municipal Court for possible misdemeanor charges.

    Since Tacoma Municipal Court was still reviewing the case and had not charged Livingston, he was released from jail Friday night.

    “I never thought in a million years that this could happen. That they could let this man out of jail after what he did in the first place,” said Rhea Love, the victim’s friend.

    She said the second victim was the aunt of Livingston’s girlfriend, who also lived in the house. She said Livingston also beat his girlfriend during the confrontation.

    “She didn't think that he was going to see a judge until Tuesday. That's what we all thought,” Love said.

    KIRO 7 found petitions for restraining orders against Livingston from his ex-wife and former roommate.

    In a petition from 2008, his ex-wife wrote that Livingston “picked me up by my arms and threw me to the floor…picked up a nightstand and threw it…picked up a cable box and swung it around my head before breaking a mirror.”

    In another petition in 2010, she wrote that when Livingston was “on drugs he is suicidal... I am afraid to live with or even be around him at this point.”

    In 2012, Livingston’s roommate at the time also petitioned for a restraining order, writing that Livingston “bludgeoned me, robbed me, and left me for dead.”

    Outside of the accusations in the restraining orders, prosecutor Lindquist said Livingston was arrested four times in the last two years for assault-related incidents but was only charged once.

    Next Up: