BELLINGHAM, Wash. - A Western Washington University student says a man who called her over to his car to ask for directions was partially undressed and was touching himself.
At about 8:15 a.m. Monday, the student was looking down at her phone as she was walking on a sidewalk at 21st Street and Larrabee Avenue near campus.
Scroll down to continue reading
- Bothell police searching for thief who stole $10,000 purse
- Bystander, neighbor chase gunman who killed 26 at Texas church
- Mass shooting at Texas church: Live updates
- Selma Blair, Rachel McAdams tell Toback harassment stories
- Error results in hundreds of City Light customers getting massive bills for unpaid electricity
She then heard a male voice ask her if she knew where Haggen's was. When she looked over, she saw a man who was sitting in a parked car. He had his pants down or off and was masturbating. The car was facing north on 21st Street.
The student quickly walked away.
The man is described as having a dark complexion, medium length hair, dark eyes, no facial hair and was wearing a black zip-up jacket. The vehicle was described as cream or white 1990s or 2000s compact four-door sedan with rounded corners and a beige interior.
Both Bellingham police and University police searched the area, but did not find the man.
It is not known if the incident is related to recent incidents of lewd behavior near or on campus.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call University police at 3911, or 911. You can also call the University police anonymous reporting line at 360-650-SAFE (7223).
© 2017 Cox Media Group.