EVERETT, Wash. - The City of Everett is expected to vote on a possible second location for another methadone clinic.
The idea of adding another clinic in town is not getting a warm reception from everyone.
Scroll down to continue reading
- Bothell police searching for thief who stole $10,000 purse
- Local lawmaker wants to make trails a tougher target for terrorists
- 8 members of single family among 26 killed in Texas church massacre
- Bellevue boy, Sky Metalwala, missing for six years
- Tech, housing boom creates homeless crisis on West Coast
The city planning commission will decide where it will go at a meeting Tuesday night, but the plan is already getting some pushback, especially on its location.
According to My Everett News, the first facility, run by Therapeutic Health Services, is at capacity and needs more room.
There was a plan to put the second clinic in the downtown area, but that fell through.
The planning commission is looking at a number of options, including putting another clinic in South Everett, or going north of the city or inside a hospital.
Members of the public will have an opportunity to voice their opinions at the City Council chambers on Wetmore Avenue starting at 6:30 p.m.
© 2018 Cox Media Group.