• Naked man takes credit for fire he didn't start


    SEATTLE - A naked man outside a burning North Seattle fourplex claimed he set a fire, but investigators said the fire was not arson.

     The naked man on 105th Street in the Northgate area told authorities he started the fire that broke out at the fourplex Sunday afternoon with gasoline, but investigators said a discarded cigarette ignited a mattress in a second-floor unit.

     No gasoline was found in the building.

     The man’s apartment and another beside it were damaged by the flames.

     The naked man had minor smoke inhalation and was transported to Northwest Hospital.

     Damages were estimated at $70,000.

     No one else was in the building at the time of the fire.

    Next Up: