Updated:SEATAC, Wash. —
A canister of bear repellent that was discharged inside a SeaTac hotel sickened nine people and caused a hazmat response.
The Kent Fire Department was called to the Fairfield Inn Marriott in the 19600 block of International Boulevard at about 11 a.m. Friday.
Kent fire said a maid inside the hotel thought the canister was a water bottle and accidentally discharged it.
Two people were taken to the hospital. Seven others were treated at the scene.
The odor has since been dispersed and people are being allowed to go back inside.
Bear repellent causes hazmat incident at SeaTac hotel
Report partially blames drivers for gridlock of Mercer Mess
Pregnant woman pulled over, officer gives help instead of a ticket
Former judge admits he unfairly had discounted parking rate for years
Fish & Wildlife: Proposed staff cuts could endanger local seafood eaters