• Men arrested in 2 unrelated overnight burglaries


    SEATTLE -  

    Seattle police arrested suspects in two burglary calls overnight, one in West Seattle, and the other in the University District. 


     In the West Seattle incident, a couple was asleep in their home in the 9300 block of Fauntleroy Way Southwest when they were awakened by their door alarm at about 2:45 a.m. Monday.


      The husband said he went downstairs to check the house when he saw a man dressed in black.


     The burglar did not see the homeowner, so the man went back upstairs and he and his wife locked themselves in an upstairs room and called 911. 


     Southwest precinct officers arrived, surrounded the house, and were able to see the burglar walking around inside.


    When officers commanded the burglar to come out, he ran and hid inside the house, police said.


     Officers entered the home and found the burglar hiding behind a couch in a downstairs room.  He was arrested but would not cooperate with officers or provide any personal information, police said.


     He was later booked into the King County Jail on burglary charges. 


    Shortly after 4 a.m. Monday, occupants of an apartment in the U-District heard a man break into their apartment and yell. 


    The man then left and could be heard on an upper floor of the building in the 4300 block of Eighth Avenue Northeast. 


     Minutes later, victims in another unit reported that a man had broken into their apartment and that they were hiding in the bedroom.  Police said several other 911 calls were received about the intruder. 

    Officers arrived, found the intruder in the hallway and took him into custody. 


    During their investigation, officers determined that a third apartment door had been forced open and a victim was found hiding inside.


    Police said break-ins at the three units caused extensive damage to the doors. 


    Investigators said in one of the units, interior closet doors were pulled down. 


    Police said the intruder, who was not known by any of the victims, appeared to be very intoxicated. 


    He was later booked into the King County Jail on three counts of burglary. 

    Next Up: