• Man burned in fire at Algona mobile home


    SEATTLE - A man is recovering from burns after a mobile home caught fire in Algona. 

    The fire forced two adults and eight children from the home at Second Avenue and Algona Boulevard Monday morning. 

    The fire started around 3:15 a.m. in a unit added onto the back of the home. A man who rents that space from the family who owns the mobile home was burned. 

    Firefighters said they could see smoke and flames coming from the home, but they knocked it down quickly. 

    One family member who lives in the home said the family was sleeping when they were awakened by a loud banging sound.  The man who rents the back unit was trying to wake them up. 

    "We heard him running to our window and saying that it was burning. We ran out. I grabbed my baby and I came out," said Tania Valencia. 

    There were no other injuries in the fire besides the man who alerted the homeowners. 

    Firefighters said he was taken to Harborview Medical Center with burns to his legs. 

    Firefighters are looking for the cause.


    Next Up: