SEATTLE - A worker has died after falling into the Duwamish River in South Seattle.
Seattle firefighters were called to the scene off of East Marginal Way South at Dawson Street at 5 a.m. Thursday. The industrial area has businesses along the Duwamish Waterway.
The victim fell into the water while working on a barge.
Seattle fire later confirmed that the victim died.
It is not yet known where the worker was employed, but Seattle police officers were seen coming out of a cement company.
Because the Duwamish is a federal waterway, the death will be investigated by the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- Corey Feldman's 1993 tapes about sexual abuse have been found
- Worker dies after falling into Duwamish River
- 1 dead, 1 injured in double shooting near Everett
- New frontier for craft US whiskey may be underfoot in Seattle
- Bremerton girl says she faces racial slurs and bullying at school
© 2017 Cox Media Group.