A student fell from a second floor onto a floor in a common area Wednesday at a local middle school.
Officials with the North Thurston School District said the student fell during lunch period at Salish Middle School and is currently receiving medical care.
Lacey fire officials said the boy was taken to a local hospital in serious condition.
The school district said it will be providing support to students who witnessed the fall.
This is a developing story; check back for updates.
- Lacey man overdoses on heroin; Family calls for shame of addiction to end
- Hotel questions revised timeline of Las Vegas massacre
- Massive world record breaking pumpkin grown in Sumner
- Kent teachers holding supply drive after district's $7M miscalculation; district disagrees
- WATCH: Seahawks' Russell Wilson goes undercover as UW security guard
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Student hospitalized after fall from second floor at Lacey middle school
2 injured after shootout with undercover officers in Lowe's parking lot in Kent
Another round of stormy weather coming Saturday
Nearly 8,000 bikes in Seattle share program to stay this winter
Attempted murder-suicide in SeaTac leaves one dead