by: KIRO 7 News Staff Updated:
Luvo, a Blaine, Wash., company is recalling more than 4,800 pounds of poultry products due to misbranding and undeclared allergens, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced.
The issue was discovered when Luvo received customer complaints that the meals inside the packaging were not what it was advertised as being.
The products that were recalled were produced on June 13.
Products recalled include:
- 10 ounce retail cartons containing LUVO Steam in Pouch A Little Spice Chicken Chili Verde with white chicken, black beans and polenta. The lot code is: 2018JUN13A with a best before deate of June 13, 2018.
Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them.
The products subject to recall have the establishment number "424" inside the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) mark of inspection.
The food products were shipped to distributors in California, Florida, Indiana, Iowa, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia and Wisconsin for further distribution to grocery outlets.
There have not be any reports of anyone feeling ill after consuming the products, but the USDA says that only who is concerned should contact their healthcare provider.
Anyone with questions about the recall can contact the Digital Community Manager, Oli Maughan, Luvo, Iinc. at 844-880-5866.
- Brush fires burning along SR 512 in Puyallup
- GRAPHIC: Vehicle plows into group of counter-protesters at a white nationalist rally in Virginia
- Lights out, music off for cruise passengers to avert 'pirate attack,' reports say
- PHOTOS: Washington's missing children (Updated August 4, 2017)
- VIDEO: Crooks drive into Everett pawn shop, steal a dozen weapons
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Poultry product recall from Luvo, Blaine, Wash. company
Two shot in Seattle, nearby roadway closed
Russians tried to hack Washington state elections, feds say
School changes ‘blackout' themed football game after racial implication concerns
Driver critically injured after being shot by deputy near Port Orchard