• Pot candy-making operation goes up in smoke


    SEATTLE - A man's pot candy-making operation went up in smoke after fire erupted in the basement of a Seattle home.


    Firefighters were called to the home off Lake City Way on Northeast 120th Street shortly after 11 p.m. Tuesday for flames coming from the home’s basement.


    Seattle Fire Department spokesman Kyle Moore said the man was using butane tanks to extract THC from marijuana to make candy, but the flames got too big and the man’s face was burned and the basement caught fire.


    The fire then extended to the first floor.


    The man told officers he has permits to make the candy for medicinal use. 


    Police said there were multiple tanks in the house.


    The man was taken to Harborview for smoke inhalation and minor burns.


    The fire is the third within three weeks that Seattle police said is related to marijuana.

    Next Up: