Seattle police are investigating a shooting that killed a man in his early 20s in Columbia City on Friday night.
The shooting happened near 37th Avenue South and South Oregon Street before 7 p.m.
The man was standing with a group in front of a memorial near the Rainier Playfield, where a fatal shooting happened Sunday evening.
Police said witnesses saw a dark-colored sedan and possibly a second car drive by the group. A person inside one of the vehicles fired several shots at the group and struck the man multiple times.
The man was taken to Harborview Medical Center but died from his injuries.
Homicide detectives are continuing the investigation.
Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to call the Seattle Police Department's homicide unit at 206-684-5550.
- Giant 'A HOLE' yard art uncovered on Google Earth
- Crime returns to Seattle's notorious ‘9.5 blocks'
- Sammy Sosa's latest change in appearance draws speculation, commentary
- Army veteran's dying wish: Call or text me
- Fire department warns of charging cellphone in bed
© 2017 Cox Media Group.