TACOMA, Wash. - Drivers should expect ramp closures on Interstate 5 in Tacoma starting Friday, the state Department of Transportation announced.
As crews rebuild and realign southbound I-5 lanes and ramps, overnight, weekend-long and long-term closures will take place on ramps to and from I-705 and state Route 7. The agency recommends allowing extra time when visiting LeMay – America’s Car Museum.
Work is weather dependent and could be rescheduled. Rain is forecast for Sunday.
A closer look at the planned ramp closures:
Scroll down to continue reading.
- Student killed, 3 hurt in shooting at Spokane County high school; suspect in custody?
- Who fills the Seattle mayoral vacancy? Here's what to know
- Marshawn Lynch to star in Facebook reality show
- PHOTOS: Student killed, at least 3 injured in school shooting near Spokane
- WATCH: Chain Saw Wielding Nun Helps Clean Up Irma Aftermath
Southbound I-5 to East 26th Street: Closed Friday at 10 a.m. to Monday at 5 a.m. During the closure, the adjacent southbound I-5 ramp to I-705 will remain open during daytime hours.
705 ramp to southbound I-5: Closed Friday at 10 a.m. to Monday at 5 a.m. I-705 users will be detoured using northbound I-5 and the Portland Avenue interchange.
Southbound I-5 to Route 7: Closed Saturday at 11 p.m. to Sunday at 7 a.m. and Monday through at least mid-October. The detour will use northbound I-705, the Route 509 interchange and southbound I-705.
Southbound I-5 ramp to I-705: Closed Friday at 9 p.m. to Saturday at 9 a.m.; Saturday at 11 p.m. to Sunday at 7 a.m. and on Monday until 6 a.m.
Pacific Avenue to southbound I-5: Closed Friday at 11 p.m. until 6 a.m. on Saturday and 11 p.m. on Saturday to 6 a.m. on Sunday.
SR 167 on-ramp to southbound I-5: Closed Saturday at 11 p.m. to Sunday at 7 a.m. and on Monday until 6 a.m.
Southbound I-5 collector/distributor lanes: Closed Saturday at 11 p.m. to Sunday at 6 a.m and Monday until 6 a.m. During the closures, drivers will be detoured using southbound I-5 and the 54th Street interchange to northbound I-5 and Exit 132. about to get more complicated in Tacoma. Ramp closures start Friday.
- Dairy Queen owner defends 'politically incorrect' restaurant sign
- Report: Ed Murray's cousin fifth to accuse Seattle mayor of sex abuse
- 21 rabid bats found - highest in state in decade. Here's where they've been found
- PHOTOS: Remembering 9/11
- VIDEO: Ed Murray sex accusations
© 2018 Cox Media Group.