by: Craig Hill, The News Tribune Updated:
TACOMA, Wash. - Drivers should expect ramp closures on Interstate 5 in Tacoma starting Friday, the state Department of Transportation announced.
As crews rebuild and realign southbound I-5 lanes and ramps, overnight, weekend-long and long-term closures will take place on ramps to and from I-705 and state Route 7. The agency recommends allowing extra time when visiting LeMay – America’s Car Museum.
Work is weather dependent and could be rescheduled. Rain is forecast for Sunday.
A closer look at the planned ramp closures:
Scroll down to continue reading.
- Student killed, 3 hurt in shooting at Spokane County high school; suspect in custody?
- Who fills the Seattle mayoral vacancy? Here's what to know
- Marshawn Lynch to star in Facebook reality show
- PHOTOS: Student killed, at least 3 injured in school shooting near Spokane
- WATCH: Chain Saw Wielding Nun Helps Clean Up Irma Aftermath
Southbound I-5 to East 26th Street: Closed Friday at 10 a.m. to Monday at 5 a.m. During the closure, the adjacent southbound I-5 ramp to I-705 will remain open during daytime hours.
705 ramp to southbound I-5: Closed Friday at 10 a.m. to Monday at 5 a.m. I-705 users will be detoured using northbound I-5 and the Portland Avenue interchange.
Southbound I-5 to Route 7: Closed Saturday at 11 p.m. to Sunday at 7 a.m. and Monday through at least mid-October. The detour will use northbound I-705, the Route 509 interchange and southbound I-705.
Southbound I-5 ramp to I-705: Closed Friday at 9 p.m. to Saturday at 9 a.m.; Saturday at 11 p.m. to Sunday at 7 a.m. and on Monday until 6 a.m.
Pacific Avenue to southbound I-5: Closed Friday at 11 p.m. until 6 a.m. on Saturday and 11 p.m. on Saturday to 6 a.m. on Sunday.
SR 167 on-ramp to southbound I-5: Closed Saturday at 11 p.m. to Sunday at 7 a.m. and on Monday until 6 a.m.
Southbound I-5 collector/distributor lanes: Closed Saturday at 11 p.m. to Sunday at 6 a.m and Monday until 6 a.m. During the closures, drivers will be detoured using southbound I-5 and the 54th Street interchange to northbound I-5 and Exit 132. about to get more complicated in Tacoma. Ramp closures start Friday.
- Dairy Queen owner defends 'politically incorrect' restaurant sign
- Report: Ed Murray's cousin fifth to accuse Seattle mayor of sex abuse
- 21 rabid bats found - highest in state in decade. Here's where they've been found
- PHOTOS: Remembering 9/11
- VIDEO: Ed Murray sex accusations
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
I-5 traffic about to get more complicated in Tacoma. Ramp closures start Friday
2 injured after shootout with undercover officers in Lowe's parking lot in Kent
Another round of stormy weather coming Saturday
Nearly 8,000 bikes in Seattle share program to stay this winter
Attempted murder-suicide in SeaTac leaves one dead