SNOHOMISH, Wash. - A hot air balloon made an unplanned landing in the median between US 2 and SR 9 near Snohomish Wednesday morning.
Fuel was a concern after a large gust of wind blew it away from its intended landing location. The pilot said after the balloon was blown off course he looked for the safest and flattest spot to land.
The landing spot ended up being the median.
Video from a Washington State Department of Transportation camera showed the balloon just off US 2.
>> See photos here.
Snohomish County Fire District 4 firefighters said none of the seven people on board were hurt.
Firefighters and police were at the scene as the balloon was deflated and the basket removed.
The scene is now cleared.
- Bodies of couple missing since 1942 found in melted glacier
- PHOTOS: Eel truck crash creates big mess on Oregon highway
- Troopers: Blood test shows driver had 54 times the legal limit for pot
- PHOTOS: Sky-gazers capture brilliant Aurora Borealis over W. Washington
- VIDEO: More than 350,000 images of child porn found on church worker's laptop
© 2018 Cox Media Group.