ISSAQUAH, Wash. - A fatal crash involving a semitruck and a Dodge Magnum closed both directions of SR 18 east of Issaquah/Hobart Road just after 4:35 p.m. Monday.
Westbound traffic is stopped at I-90 and WSDOT is telling drivers to use alternate routes. The closure is expected to continue through the evening commute.
The highway reopened just before 11 p.m.
⚠️AVOID SR 18 thru Tiger Mountain! Serious crash blocking BOTH DIRECTIONS. Likely to be this way for rest of the PM commute.— WSDOT Traffic (@wsdot_traffic) February 6, 2018
EB traffic is being stopped at Issaquah-Hobart Rd. WB traffic is being stopped at I-90. Use alt routes!
Follow us, @wspd2pio & @EastsideFire for info pic.twitter.com/m2XyLtpSS9
Eastside Fire is reporting that the Washington State Patrol is investigating the crash as a fatality.
This will be a fatality investigation by WSP now. Avoid Hwy18 from I-90 to Issaquah-Hobart Rd.— Eastside Fire (@EastsideFire) February 6, 2018
More news from KIRO 7
- 2 die in surf while digging for clams on Washington beaches
- Father and daughter charged with incest 20 years after adoption
- Scammers stealing phone numbers from T-Mobile customers to steal money
- Son charged with killing elderly father kept the shell casing in pocket as 'keepsake'
- Video shows Auburn teacher shoving student
© 2018 Cox Media Group.