SEATTLE - A Seattle man who worked as a teaching assistant at an elementary school has been charged with child rape and molestation.
The Seattle Times reports that 40-year-old Albert C. Virachismith is accused of raping a 9-year-old boy inside a John Muir Elementary School bathroom multiple times during the 2016-17 academic year.
Charging papers filed on Tuesday say Virachismith is accused of assaulting the then-second-grader five to six times. The student told his father about the alleged abuse.
Virachismith is being held at the King County Jail in lieu of $500,000 bond.
Kim Schmanke, a spokeswoman for Seattle Public Schools, says the school district immediately barred Virachismith when the allegations surfaced.
It wasn't immediately clear if he had an attorney.
More news from KIRO 7
- Person injured in officer-involved shooting on Bainbridge Island
- Snohomish Co. deputies: Fatal drug overdose actually murder
- SPUD Fish & Chips building to be demolished for apartments
- Free burger and fries in Tacoma this weekend! Here's where to get them
- Woman catches neighbors dog riding one-eyed pony
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.