SEATTLE - Detectives are investigating an apparent homicide near the International District homeless encampment Wednesday night, Seattle police said.
Police responded to a report of an assault with weapons in the 900 block of South Jackson Street after 6 p.m.
When officers arrived, they found a woman who had a severe head injury.
Seattle Fire officials told KIRO 7 they had taken a 35-year-old woman to Harborview Medical Center, where she was declared dead.
Homicide detectives are now interviewing possible witnesses to get a suspect description.
This is an ongoing investigation.
- Student killed, 3 hurt in shooting at Spokane County high school; suspect in custody?
- Who fills the Seattle mayoral vacancy? Here's what to know
- Marshawn Lynch to star in Facebook reality show
- PHOTOS: Student killed, at least 3 injured in school shooting near Spokane
- WATCH: Chain Saw Wielding Nun Helps Clean Up Irma Aftermath
© 2018 Cox Media Group.