by: STACIA GLENN, The News Tribune Updated:
CRYSTAL MOUNTAIN, Wash. - Fresh snow means Crystal Mountain Ski Resort will open three lifts Wednesday.
The resort announced The Discovery, Chinook Express and Forest Queen Express lifts will now run daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
They’re hoping to open Rainier Express, Green Valley and the Mount Rainier Gondola by Friday if the incoming storm delivers on its promise of 1-3 feet of powder.
“Unfortunately the strong winds have blown a lot of the snow that has been falling off the upper ridges so we still need just a little more snow to open the upper mountain,” Crystal officials wrote on its website.
On Thursday, the ski area reported a snow depth of 10 inches at the base and 18 inches near the top.
- Another windy day Tuesday: Here's what to expect
- Powerful winds bring down trees, leave thousands without power
- 1 dead, 2 injured after tree falls on car in Renton
- 15,000 scientists warn it will soon be 'too late' to save Earth
- Ex-football player charged with murder in wife's death
© 2017 Cox Media Group.
Crystal Mountain Ski Resort says it'll open some lifts Wednesday
Police investigate shooting at Capitol Hill club
Who killed Sally Kelley? The 1935 murder where ‘Seattle lost its innocence'
Stillaguamish river causes flooding in Arlington; flood watch on other rivers
Silvana sees flooding on Thanksgiving Eve