by: STACIA GLENN, The News Tribune Updated:
CRYSTAL MOUNTAIN, Wash. - Crystal Mountain Ski Resort reported it did not get the snow needed to open on Friday, but said it is really close.
The resort also said there could be more snow early next week.
On KIRO 7 live at 5, we're PinPointing dropping snow levels and the chance for feet of snow in some parts of the Cascades. Watch on-air or online here.
The resort got 20 inches of snow last weekend and another 6 inches was expected this coming weekend.
Officials said the mountain might have been ready to welcome skiers and snowboarders.
The resort had posted on Facebook, “The forecast looks good so stay tuned and keep your schedules open.”
Last year, the resort opened the Mount Rainier Gondola, Green Valley Express and Discovery Chair on Nov. 25, with a base of 10 to 28 inches of snow.
The resort told people to stay tuned.
- Escort accused of shooting Everett client in the head
- 1,000 new tiny homes could soon be built in Seattle – at possible $10M cost
- Northwest drivers are the rudest non-honkers in the country
- Drunken woman with lighter causes disturbance on Sea-Tac flight, airline says
- Bellevue police looking for pedestrian with skateboard who slammed into SUV
© 2017 Cox Media Group.