A bomb squad just cleared State Route 9 in Snohomish County, where Washington State Troopers reported a hit-and-run crash.
According to WSP, a car going southbound crossed into northbound lanes and hit a box truck.
The driver of the car ran away, but the car itself stayed at the scene, which is midway between Woodinville and Snohomish.
The driver of the box car told troopers an explosive device was in the car. A bomb squad did not find anything and cleared the scene.
Troopers tell KIRO 7 the head-on crash was intentional.
- Starbucks opens first Italian bakery in Seattle
- Woman says teacher threatened to 'put a bullet' in her son's head
- Missing person killed in Bothell crash
- Live Updates: 45th District Senate race, Dhingra vs. Englund
- Black Friday 2017: Target ad released; Belk, Costco, BJ's also out
© 2018 Cox Media Group.