Accused Seattle Pacific University shooter Aaron Ybarra took the stand in his own defense Monday.
Catch up on the case:
His defense attorney planned to call both Ybarra and his brother, Joel, to the stand. Watch video of Aaron below or here.
Last week, Ybarra's mother, Janice, testified, saying her family knew nothing of the campus shootings until a reporter called them about it.
She also said her son, Aaron, had developmental problems while he was growing up.
The defense is trying to prove that Ybarra is not guilty by reason of insanity.
Janice Ybarra said in court that Aaron was familiar with weapons and had worked at the Kenmore Gun Range for years.
“Oh, definitely, he knew how to operate a shotgun, yes,” said Janice Ybarra.
The prosecutors argue that Aaron Ybarra had planned the killings ahead of the shootings in June of 2014.
Aaron Ybarra is facing one count of first-degree murder and three counts of attempted murder.
His trial is expected to last another month.
Amy Clancy was in court. Scroll down to see her minute-by-minute tweets in the tread below.
Trending from KIRO 7 News
- Tsunami balls almost ready and will save you from violent death
- Hillary Clinton FBI investigation: 5 things to know
- PHOTOS: Four hurt in possible DUI crash in Bremerton
- Man dressed as Freddy Krueger shoots 5 people at Halloween party
- African cat loose in Gig Harbor found safe
© 2017 Cox Media Group.