SEATTLE - Over 30 people were temporarily displaced overnight as fire ripped through the first floor of a three-story apartment building in West Seattle Monday.
Seattle Fire Rescue crews responded out to the 9000 block of 35th Avenue Sw around 2:20 a.m. after calls came in to 911 about flames seen from a unit on the first floor.
Smoke filled the second floor but crews were able to get the flames under control within 20 minutes and keep the main fire contained to just one apartment.
Seattle fire said 32 people were evacuated and temporarily housed inside of a public library across the street.
By 5 a.m., crews remained on scene and the 9000 block of 35th Avenue SW remained shut down.
Investigators have ruled the fire as accidental.
Crews determined an electrical malfunction inside of the unit's oven range caused the fire.