Cox Media Group and KIRO 7 are hiring for an experienced, enterprising and energetic hard-news Reporter. This seasoned journalist will join a newsroom that emphases breaking news, daily investigative reporting and severe weather coverage. We’re looking for a reporter who has ideas, digs for extra information, writes well, loves “live” and expects to win. The reporter should also be hungry to use new technology to present stories and the journalist should be adept at using social media to gather and break stories.
Previous reporting experience required. The reporter should be available to work any shift. MMJ experience is a plus.
DIGITAL ASSISTANT (1518374)
The Digital Assistant is responsible for assisting the Digital Producers in creating content for kiro7.com and KIRO7 social platforms. During newscasts, the Digital Assistant is responsible for running the teleprompter for the Anchors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following1515225. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create & post updates to social media platforms, primarily Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter as directed by digital producers (the social media platforms may change as technology evolves).
- All posts must be approved by a Digital Producer or Executive Producer prior to finalizing and posting content.
- Assist digital producers by writing copy for kiro7.com.
- Post photos, videos and other assets to kiro7.com using digital Content Management System.
- These posts must be approved by a Digital Producer or Executive Producer prior to finalizing and posting content.
- Assist any newsroom employee as requested.
- Communicate with all KIRO employees, viewers and clients in a positive, helpful and professional manner.
- Operate the teleprompter for newscasts, promos and cut-ins.
- Follow along with Anchor read to adjust the prompter accordingly.
- Keep prompter workplace clear and running
- Alert Engineers immediately to any issues
- Make sure the anchor tablets are charged before a show and plugged in after a show.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma (required).
- Prior experience working in collaboration with others to achieve results.
- Strong communication skills.
NEWS PRODUCER (1518373)
KIRO-TV has an opening for a creative, dynamic producer to join our news staff. This person must be able to take charge of a newscast, make strong news decisions and be able to coordinate many live shots and handle breaking news like a pro. This producer must be flexible and be able to write strong copy for TV and the web if necessary, coordinate with reporters and produce a newscast that is showcased. Qualified applicant should have a degree in broadcasting or related field and experience producing local television news.
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (1514620)
This position requires expert knowledge of the overall television station from a technical standpoint. Responsibilities include the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of the following: AVID INEWS newsroom automation systems, NLE editing systems, graphics systems, master control automation, video switchers, video routers, various tape recorder formats, ENG camera repair, high and low power transmitters, camera control system, camera robotics, audio mixers, broadcaster computer networks, Cisco LAN switches, and a good IT networking understanding. This position requires a thorough understanding of digital and analog systems within a television station and industry standards. Applicants must have experience in the set-up and networking of computers and a solid understanding of computer OS applications, FTP applications and digital video formats.
Qualified applicants will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in TV engineering which must include a strong IT background. A college degree with an emphasis in Broadcast or IT is a plus. Applicant must also have a valid Washington State driver’s license.
You must have the ability to lift 50 plus pounds, work in confined areas and have the willingness to work all shifts including holidays, as needed. Must work well independently as well as in a team environment.
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (1510616)
The Account Executive is responsible for generating media revenues for the assigned market to meet or exceed predetermined goals. You will also create revenues by working collaboratively with Local Sales Managers, by making sales presentations and by directly selling to key primary and secondary accounts as assigned. You will service and secure mutually beneficial relationships with various local businesses, agencies or individuals that have a desire to reach their target audience through various advertising channels and services.
- Develop and manage revenue producing relationships with clients and agencies
- Prospect for new business and build a full pipeline of sales prospects
- Analyze client marketing goals and develop needs based solutions to achieve them
- Oversee campaign execution and analysis
- Provide consultation to sales managers, sales teams and clients
- Work collaboratively with internal partners to drive revenue
- Proven track record of sales success in local media setting
- BA/BS degree with a minimum of five years of media sales, account management or buying experience
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Hard-working, integrity, relationship-builder with a winning attitude
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Work with brand teams, ad operations and finance to provide client satisfaction
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM tools
- Some travel necessary
- Valid driver's license with good driving record required
- Must have good working knowledge of ratings, BAR reports, etc.
- Co-op and vendor support knowledge helpful
WRITER (PART-TIME) (1511425)
KIRO-TV is looking for a part-time News Writer. Qualified candidates must have a college degree. Prior experience in broadcast television is strongly preferred. This provides an opportunity for ambitious, hardworking candidates to be trained in newscast production. Applicants must be willing to work any shift.
Click here to submit your application for an open position at KIRO-TV. Internal applicants must apply though InSite.
KIRO-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the FCC's EEO regulations, any organization that regularly distributes information about employment opportunities to job seekers or refers job seekers to employers may request that it be provided notice of KIRO-TV job vacancies as they occur. If your organization would like to be notified of such vacancies, please contact Human Resources at KIRO-TV, 2807 Third Avenue, Seattle, WA 98121 or email@example.com. Each organization that wishes to be given notice of job vacancies must provide its name, mailing address, telephone number, and contact person, and identify the category or categories of vacancies of which it requests notice. (An organization may request notice of all vacancies).
Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. will be required upon employment.