December 7, 2012 - The magic of the holidays took over Western Washington as KIRO 7, Toys for Tots, and the Family Connection partners hosted their annual Drive Day on Friday, December 7. Collecting new unwrapped toys and monetary donations from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. at KIRO 7 studios and satellite locations in King, Pierce, and Snohomish counties, over 23,000 toys were collected from generous donors and numerous local companies.
“We’ve been blessed this year,” said Chuck Henrichsen of Clean Crawls. “We feel like it’s important to give back to the community.”
Broadcasting live throughout the day KIRO 7 on-air talent encouraged viewers to stop by one of the many donation locations to help every child have a magical holiday. Joining KIRO 7 on-air talent and the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve were special guests who dropped by KIRO 7 studios to help collect toys and encourage viewers to donate.
- Mandy Schendel, Miss Washington 2012 – Photos and Video
- Sea Gals Melissa and Sea Gal Kristal-Lynn – Photos and Video #1 and Video #2
- Blitz, Seattle Seahawks mascot – Photos and Video
- Veronica Asence, Miss Seafair 2012 – Photos
- Doppler, Seattle Storm mascot – Photos
- St. Joseph Middle School Choir – Photos and Video #1 and Video #2 and Video #3 and Video #4
- Bomber, Everett Stealth mascot – Photos
- WARM 106.9 FM – Photos and Video
KIRO 7 and the Toys for Tots would like to thank all the local companies, organizations, and individuals who donated on Drive Day and during the overall campaign. Due to your efforts and generosity children all over Western Washington will have a magical holiday.
About Toys For Tots
The mission of the U. S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program is to collect new, unwrapped toys during October, November and December each year, and distribute those toys as Christmas gifts to less fortunate children in the community in which the campaign is conducted. To find out more information please visit toysfortots.org.