If you’re in the path of the Taylor Bridge Fire and need help or relief, here are some resources:
- Kittitas County Emergency Operations Center: 509-933-8305
- Kittitas County Emergency Management: 509-962-7525
- Ellensburg Red Cross: 509-925-5866
- Community Connect, Kittitas County on Facebook - Residents are posting general information to this page: www.facebook.com/groups/KittitasCommunityConnect/doc/474163742603166/
- Kittitas County Emergency Management – All of the county’s emergency information on one page: www.co.kittitas.wa.us/sheriff/emergency.asp
- Washington state’s Emergency Management Division disaster assistance – Information on what types of supplies and financial assistance may be available:www.emd.wa.gov/disaster/disaster_for_individuals_households.shtml
- Central Washington University's general information page: www.cwu.edu/taylorbridgefire
- Taylor Bridge Fire Help on Facebook: www.facebook.com/TaylorBridgeFireHelp
- Taylor Bridge Fire Animal Recovery on Facebook – Posts from volunteers offering help and people in need of help: www.facebook.com/groups/510674165614870/
- The Daily Record in Ellensburg reported that people can drop off donations for those affected by the fire at the Kittitas County Chamber of Commerce, Holiday Inn Express and Knudson Lumber in Ellensburg.
- Tim Williams of Fox 12 in Oregon reports that Seattle residents who want to make donations can drop them off at Al's Glass, located at 12015 Aurora Avenue North (phone: 206-367-9323).
- Facebook page for people seeking or able to provide shelter and/or transportation for animals: www.facebook.com/events/457668054264578/
- Washington State DNR’s evacuation guidelines: washingtondnr.wordpress.com/2012/08/14/dnr-shares-the-ps-of-preparedness-for-wildfire-danger/
- The Washington State Department of Transportation said the fire was started by a WSDOT contractor called Conway. WSDOT has advised fire victims to document their losses, contact their own insurance companies and file a claim, and then contact Traveller's Insurance (Conway's insurance company) at 206-464-5756.
- The office of the Washington State Insurance Commissioner has offered some tips for wildfire victims: www.kirotv.com/news/news/insurance-tips-wildfire-victims/nRC5K/
We will post more information here as we find it. If you know of somewhere people can get quality information, please email us details at firstname.lastname@example.org