• Firefighters give oxygen to dog rescued from Lacey fire


    LACEY, Wash. - Occupants of a burning home in Lacey got out safely but their dog had to be rescued by firefighters.

    Lacey firefighters responded to a fire at the home in the 400 block of Wildcat Street Southeast Thursday evening.

    Fire officials said occupants of the home tried to put out the fire with fire extinguishers before calling 911. 

    Fire crews arrived to find heavy fire on the second floor of the home.

    The occupants of the home got out safely, but said the family dog was still inside.

    Firefighters rescued the dog and administered oxygen before transporting him to a local emergency veterinarian clinic.

    The flames were put out within 15 minutes after crews arrived.

    The fire was contained to the kitchen and living areas of the home.

     Initial damages are estimated at $100,000.

    Fire officials said unattended cooking caused the blaze.

    The dog is expected to be fine.

    Next Up: