• Fire erupts at Kent's Cave Man Kitchen


    KENT, Wash. - Fire erupted at a popular barbecue restaurant in Kent early Tuesday, but no employees were inside.

    The fire at Cave Man Kitchen was reported at 5:03 a.m.  It started in a shed area where a smoker is kept.

    The flames did not spread into the kitchen and was put out within a half-hour.

    Restaurant Roseanna Donley said she was grateful the fire didn’t cause more damage.

    “I prayed all the way down here and it stayed contained.  It is just in the roof right over the smokers,” said Donley.

    Cave Man has been in business 43 years.  Fifteen years ago, damage from another fire at the restaurant caused it to move across the street for years until it could return to its original location.

    Next Up: