• Apartments damaged in fire at Edmonds complex


    EDMONDS, Wash. -  

    An Edmonds apartment was badly damaged in a fire Tuesday morning that started in the laundry room of one unit.


    Flames broke out at the complex in the 9300 block of 244th Street around 6:30 a.m.


    Snohomish County Fire said crews put the fire out quickly and stopped it from spreading to other units.


    No one was in the apartment at the time of the fire, but a neighbor who lives below it was home.


    “I went to check on my son's room and then I went and opened a bathroom door. That's when there was a lot of smoke in the bathroom and it was coming from the ventilation thing,” said Santa Vazquez.


    Vazquez grabbed her two children and got out safely, but her unit suffered smoke and water damage.


    Damages are estimated at $65,000.

    Next Up: