Updated:LYNNWOOD, Wash. —
A woman who had called 911 Thursday morning to report a fight at her neighbor’s home said she heard an explosion then saw a window explode in a fire at the same house.
“I heard fighting and screaming. Then the house, the front window, exploded into flames,” said neighbor Dee Coleman.
The fighting and subsequent fire garnered the whole neighborhood's attention.
“I put my head out the window and flames were shooting up taller than my house. I just called 911 as fast as I could,” said neighbor Marion Nicholson.
Though three people were in the house at the time of the fire, no one was hurt and firefighters were able to get the flames out quickly.
Some neighbors said the first thought they had was that the fire was drug-related.
"It's been a problem house for about eight years," said Coleman.
Neighbors said they have called police to the home in the 3500 block of 200th Place in Lynnwood dozens of times to report various criminal activities.
The Snohomish County Sheriff's Office confirms deputies have served several search warrants there in the past and have arrested people for assault, domestic violence and other crimes.
"Someone's always having to call 911 for something that these people are doing, and people are always parked out and camped out in our neighborhood," said Nicholson.
But firefighters didn't find any immediate signs that the fire had anything to do with drugs and said it appeared the fire was caused by a candle.
Until the house is cleaned up and fixed, the fire marshal said the residents won’t be able to live there.
"Hopefully, they'll be gone and never come back in the neighborhood again and set up business somewhere else," said Coleman.