Updated:AUBURN, Wash. —
An adult and three children were forced from their home after the adjoining unit in the Auburn duplex where they live caught fire.
Valley Regional Fire Authority was called to the duplex in 5600 block of Auburn Way South at 3 a.m. Thursday to find smoke and flames visible from one of the two attached units.
Firefighters made entry and determined that the unit where the fire broke out was unoccupied.
The fire was quickly extinguished.
The Muckleshoot Indian Tribe was securing temporary housing for the displaced family.
Investigators are working to determine the origin of the fire.