Falling cigarette starts Bremerton mobile home fire

Updated:

A falling cigarette started a mobile home fire in Bremerton.
BREMERTON, Wash. —

A fire damaged a Bremerton home early Friday morning, said officials with Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue. 

The fire happened around 3:30 a.m. in the 5200 block of Northwest View Point Lane. 

According to fire officials, crews responded to the location after a report of a residential fire. 

When firefighters arrived, they found a mobile home with flames shooting through the roof and heavy smoke around.

 Two women evacuated safely from the home. 

Fire officials told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News that it appeared one of the women fell asleep with a cigarette in her mouth, which fell and started the fire. 

The Red Cross will assist the occupants with shelter. 

According to officials, 60 percent of the home was damaged by fire and 40 percent was damaged by smoke.