Everett, Wash. - The Toys R Us store near the Everett Mall caught fire this morning with shoppers and employees inside.
the fire started in a bin where batteries were being stored.
Luckily, the Everett Fire Department told KIRO 7 the fire was confined to the stockroom and employees and customers who were doing Black Friday shopping were evacuated.
Assistant Fire Marshal Eric Hicks says the employees tried to put the flames out.
“Report of popping from the stockroom. Employees tried to use extinguishers on the fire, could not get it out and decided to evacuate,” he says.
There was an undetermined amount of fire and smoke damage, and the fire was put out by a fire sprinkler inside the store.
It is unknown when the store will reopen.
There were no reported injuries.
A Toys R Us employee told KIRO 7 the fire appeared to be from something electrical.
Meanwhile, shoppers who were hoping to do some deal hunting for Black Friday were turned away as the fire cleanup began.
Janet Mendez is one them.
“She’s just waiting to see if they’re going to open, but I don’t think they are,” she says of her disappointed four-year-old daughter.
Toys R Us store managers directed our calls to Toys R Us corporate, and so far there’s no word on when the store will reopen.
Everett Toys R Us catches fire with Black Friday shoppers inside
Report: Turkish tanks enter Syria, aim to free IS-held town
Premier League stars face early-season clampdown by refs
Turkish state media says Turkish tanks have crossed into Syria as part…
Japan, China, S. Korea unite in condemning N. Korea missile