• Everett couple saved from fire by neighbors

    By: Jeff Dubois


    EVERETT, Wash. -  An Everett couple awoke Thursday morning to neighbors pounding on their door.

    When they looked outside, they discovered their RV, parked feet from the house, was on fire.

    They quickly gathered some items and ran from their home as the flames jumped onto the house.

    See photos of the fire here.

    Firefighters responded to the home in the 900 block of 105th Place Southeast in the Everett Silver Lake area and were able to stop the flames from spreading much beyond the home’s garage.

    The homeowners, Leon and Linda Carter, said the fire clearly started somewhere in the RV, which they’ve only had for about a year.

    They used it last weekend, but don’t know what could have sparked a fire.

    Damage to the home is estimated at $30,000.  The RV is a total loss.

    The fire is under investigation.

    Next Up: