• Electrical wiring is cause of Queen Anne house fire


    SEATTLE - Fire officials said electrical wiring was the cause of a Queen Anne house fire over the weekend.

    Crews responded to a reporter of a fire after 9 p.m. Friday at a three-story home in the 2300 block of Fifth Avenue North.

    When firefighters arrived they saw smoke pouring from the roof.

    The fire was extinguished the fire within 40 minutes.

    Investigators found a nail through electrical wiring in the roof, which caused the fire.

    Fire officials said the damage was estimated at $40,000 to the structure and $60,000 in contents.

    There were no injuries reported. 

    Next Up: