TACOMA, Wash. - The Red Cross was called in to assist a couple in their 50s with housing after their trailer went up in flames overnight in Tacoma.
Investigators said the couple's propane heater is likely to blame for the fire.
Fire crews were dispatched to the 9700 block of Pacific Avenue South around 3 a.m. in response to the fire.
Washington State Patrol was called in to shut down the road so crews could pull their hoses across the roadway.
Investigators said they know it's very cold out, but they want to caution people away from using open flame-type heaters indoors.
The couple made it out of the fire without serious injury.
The man received a small burn to his foot but he declined medical attention.
Propane heater blamed for Tacoma trailer fire
Forecasters say Matthew has become a Category 5 hurricane, the strongest…
Philadelphia Orchestra goes on strike, cancels opening gala
Duterte 'happy to slaughter' drug suspects; mentions Hitler
Mexico prosecutors eye son in killing of film director, wife