Chris Hansen issued a statement in response to t the future of the Sacramento Kings.
The owners of the Kings backed out of a deal on Friday to build a new arena in Sacramento, and NBA Commissioner David Stern said the deal wasn’t going to happen.
In the statement released, Hansen said:
"I would just like to again reiterate our position that we don't think it's appropriate to comment on or speculate about other NBA franchises -- particularly when these franchises are in the midst of trying to find solutions to their own arena issues.”
"I believe our attention and efforts should instead be focused on finalizing our deal to build the type of world class sports arena that can host both the NBA and NHL.”
"However, these developments are a reminder that franchise opportunities may arise quickly and in an unpredictable fashion. As such, we should continue with our join efforts to finalize an 'Arena Solution' that best works for our city, county and the various constituents of our community and in as timely a fashion as is feasible to ensure we are in a position to take advantage of an opportunity when it inevitably arises."
Earlier in April, Hensen said he will pay for a transportation study to see what affects a proposed NBA-NHL arena will have on Seattle's SoDo neighborhood.