Updated:BATTLE GROUND, Wash. —
Police in southwest Washington said they have arrested a 13-year-old boy in threats that prompted the closure of six suburban Battle Ground schools.
Battle Ground police Sgt. Aaron Kanooth said Wednesday afternoon in a statement that police believe the student acted alone. Police said he lacked the means to carry out the threats.
Police said multiple, credible threats had been received against students and staff at one of the schools. The boy is a student at that middle school. That school and four others on the same campus were closed. A nearby private school also closed as a precaution.
Battle Ground is part of the Portland, Ore.-Vancouver metro area.