• Neighbor pulls disabled woman from burning home


    SEATTLE - A neighbor acted quickly to pull a disabled woman from her burning home in North Seattle Christmas morning.


    Crews were called to the one-alarm fire at about 7 a.m. at a home in the 7000 block of Brooklyn Avenue Northeast in the Roosevelt neighborhood, two blocks from Roosevelt High School.


    A neighbor saw the woman who lives in the home in the kitchen when the fire started.


    Because she uses a motorized chair, he ran over to the home to make sure she got out.   As they were trying to leave the home, the battery on the chair died, so the man pushed her to safety.


    The neighbor told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News it looked as if the fire started in a back bedroom.


    Fire crews had trouble getting to the home at first because of it's location on a narrow, dead-end road, but once they arrived, the flames were put out quickly.


    No one was hurt.


    Next Up: